Well, it's Friday night, and while some of you are having pizza, we had another Friday night at Hooters. Not that we usually go to the restaurant, but we always have wings on Fridays, and we usually get "to go" from Beef O'Brady's or Hooters. And, Yes, I have lost wait still having wings and not really giving too much up. Just a change in lifestyle, and yes...exercise. Here's the real funny thing, though. It wasn't unitl I was in my mid 20's that I realized the only reason we had pizza on Friday nights (growing up) was because we were Catholic and didn't eat meat on Fridays. That's why we only ate cheese pizza and didn't have pepperonni and sausage. It wasn't until I met Dave that I had real toppings on my pizza. I guess that being the youngest of 7 children is that you don't ask questions, you just go with the flow. This is why I'm so easy (hehehe). I'm quite sure my older sisters don't agree. Anywho...enjoy the cute pictre of Yoshi (awwww)
Friday, January 9, 2009
Just another Friday Night at Hooters
Well, it's Friday night, and while some of you are having pizza, we had another Friday night at Hooters. Not that we usually go to the restaurant, but we always have wings on Fridays, and we usually get "to go" from Beef O'Brady's or Hooters. And, Yes, I have lost wait still having wings and not really giving too much up. Just a change in lifestyle, and yes...exercise. Here's the real funny thing, though. It wasn't unitl I was in my mid 20's that I realized the only reason we had pizza on Friday nights (growing up) was because we were Catholic and didn't eat meat on Fridays. That's why we only ate cheese pizza and didn't have pepperonni and sausage. It wasn't until I met Dave that I had real toppings on my pizza. I guess that being the youngest of 7 children is that you don't ask questions, you just go with the flow. This is why I'm so easy (hehehe). I'm quite sure my older sisters don't agree. Anywho...enjoy the cute pictre of Yoshi (awwww)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let me just say the reason YOU had Pizza on Fridays was because you were a spoiled Brat and even if you don't thinks so that was how it was perceived by those of us who were from the era of Friday was Fish sticks night.We love you anyway and interesting fact about why Cheese Pizza instead of the toppings..Life is funny!Luv you spoiled Brat!
Still have to have pizza on Friday's, but I don't think I have had a fish stick since I left 31 Indian Head Drive!
Yoshi is sooo cute!!
I didn't know that fried eggs or pancakes weren't supposed to have crispy, ruffly edges till I was married!
Pizza on Friday nights? Are you kidding me? It was USUALLY spaghetti! An added treat was garlic bread. Fiday night Fish sticks? THAT was a treat. Every now and then Dad would bring home Fish cakes thinking we would like them. Yuck! And, OH, to clue everyone in Fish Sticks were about as close to fish we got because Dad didn't like fish!
Love ya, Carol, but we definitely grew up in 2 different families! Both, as we know, had their good times and their tough times. I am glad that as we have aged we've become closer. I'm looking forward to more of that!
Post a Comment