As one of my goals for the new year is to scrapbook and craft more, I decided to fix a few things in my craft room. About a year ago (or longer) I painted this rectangle above my counter with magnet paint, thinking it would make a cute magnet board. Well, let's just say the magnet paint did not work very well. Not only did any magnets actually stick to it, but the paint peeled off in sheets. I had to use an exacto knife to cut the paint out and not ruin the green on the walls around it. I've been wanting to fix it and do something cute, so I'm in the process of sprucing up the room. I got some new storage bins for my stamps and I've already cleaned out the closet and put up shelves. Here's a picture of the before...and I'm hoping to be close to done in a couple of days. I've stenciled "Creat Your Art Out" above the rectangle already. More to come...
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Craft Room Update
As one of my goals for the new year is to scrapbook and craft more, I decided to fix a few things in my craft room. About a year ago (or longer) I painted this rectangle above my counter with magnet paint, thinking it would make a cute magnet board. Well, let's just say the magnet paint did not work very well. Not only did any magnets actually stick to it, but the paint peeled off in sheets. I had to use an exacto knife to cut the paint out and not ruin the green on the walls around it. I've been wanting to fix it and do something cute, so I'm in the process of sprucing up the room. I got some new storage bins for my stamps and I've already cleaned out the closet and put up shelves. Here's a picture of the before...and I'm hoping to be close to done in a couple of days. I've stenciled "Creat Your Art Out" above the rectangle already. More to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That looks adorable! I came home from your Christmas party with SOOO many ideas for my house. You have done such cute stuff!
Go for it, girl! Just one edit question, did you want to say "creat" or "create". Misspelling something you paint on your wall would not be a good idea! (One of my biggest pet peeves is misspelling words! I think it goes back to elementary school! Or Dad!)
Your home definitely instills inspiration in others. I watched Ellen and Elise get bright lightbulbs over their heads when we saw you. My head is still spinning!
Kath...you scared me. But I double checked and I did spell it right (whew). Usually when I'm typing on here it's in the evening and I'm either A. Tired B. On my
2nd glass of wine or C. Yoshi is biting my fingers and the computer while I type. Anyway, I'm hoping to get the room cleaned up this evening so I can put a finished project up!! Love you all!
Carol, Boy I want a room just like that..Looks great Carol!
I'm so jealous of your craft room! I want one! Looks great . It's so important to have your own space...
Post a Comment