I'll get to "The Giving Tree" in a moment. But first, Chandler has been reading a series of books called Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He is almost done with the 3rd and final one, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Last Straw." It looks like a hand written journal, written by the main character, Greg, an eighth grade boy. It's all black and white with lots of little cartoon, stick type, drawings and all the books are very funny!!! Now Chandler is not a big reader, but I have found something he really likes. Comedy!! Anyway....I've already shared this story with a few of you, but I thought some others might get a kick out of it. Now, I will preface this with the fact that I used to read "The Giving Tree" to Chandler all the time. By kindergarten, he could read it to me. So he was reading "Wimpy Kid" when he first got it, and starts laughing, hard. Then he's trying to read to me, while he's laughing. Then I started laughing. It was just so funny. I'm going to quote the book, and show you the page that followed and hopefully you find it amusing, we sure did.
"There was this book Dad used to read to me every night called "The Giving Tree." It was a really good book, but the back of it had a picture of the author, this guy named Shel Silverstein."

The thing that I really found funny was that Chandler totally got that humer and how the author of the book captured the likeness of old Shel! I remember thinking that guy was pretty scary looking. I also remember that Chandler had "autographed" our copy of "The Giving Tree" sometime between the ages of 5 and 6. He was mad at me and wrote
mommy is a peepee poopee head! I can't find it right now, I'm sure it's packed away so that I can give it to his wife on their wedding day and say "ya sure?"
No comments:
Post a Comment